If you ever need a quick side of veggies. This is YOUR recipe. It’s quick, easy, and so delicious.
Spicy Sautéed Kale for 1
- 1-2 handfuls of Kale* (cleaned and cut up)
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1-2 cloves of Garlic, sliced (use more garlic if you like)
- Pinch of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- Charlie’s Spicy Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of Balsamic Vinegar
Directions (this goes pretty fast so have everything ready):
- Heat 2-3 Tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet (should be medium to low heat)
- Add your sliced garlic to the olive oil (it should start to sizzle quickly and become golden in color**)–Optional add crushed red pepper flakes to the garlic and olive oil if you like it extra spicy
- Add your cut up kale to the skillet and mix evenly with the garlic and olive oil
- Once mixed, season kale with Charlie’s Spicy Seasoning***
- The kale will cook down and become a vibrant green color (that’s what we want!)
- Then add 1 teaspoon of Balsamic Vinegar to the kale and turn off heat. Let it sit in the hot pan for about 30 seconds.
- Move to your plate and enjoy! let me know if you try it! 😉
*try to remove as much of the stem or rib from the kale before cooking, its not bad if you leave a few on (like I did!)
**Don’t let the garlic become burnt, while in the olive oil. It will make the dish bitter. If your olive oil is too hot and the garlic gets burnt – start over.
***Purchase Charlie’s Spicy Seasoning here