I’m Stacee Amos, a former news anchor and advertising exec currently living in Atlanta. I’m originally from St. Croix US Virgin Islands, and as such – you’ll occasionally find my appreciation for all things Caribbean woven throughout my blog. “The SugarApple” celebrates my inspirations, passions, and discoveries in fashion, beauty, culture, food, design, travel, fitness, wellness, (geez, that’s a list) and anything else I find interesting (yeah, in case I miss something from that very…LONG…list).
And last but certainly not least, the title of SugarApple is inspired by; (1) I actually eat an apple everyday, (and have as far back as I can remember. my Mom says it was my first word…yep, it’s my favorite food) and I sometimes put a little sugar on my apple to make it a little sweeter, and (2) a Sugar-apple is actually a fruit found throughout the Caribbean, and happens to also be one of my favorites. Both are good and sweet, something I hope this blog is for you!
I’ve answered the 10 questions from the Inside the Actors Studio show – (as if I’d ever be on the show…NOT!) – but I love to watch it and I especially love this questionnaire given to the guests.
- What is your favorite word? lovely.
- What is your least favorite word? can’t or I-don’t-know (OOPS, that’s 3 words!)
- What turns you on? sense-of-humor, anything that can make me literally LOL.
- What turns you off? negativity.
- What sound or noise do you love? laughter.
- What sound or noise do you hate? a piercing scream.
- What is your favorite curse word? I try not to curse.
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? editor-in-chief of something glamorous.
- What profession would you not like to do? most dirty jobs.
- If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates? well done.
more tidbits about me…
I’m currently reading this book (which is absolutely inspirational), and my current must-listen-to-songs while I’m running are this and this, and when I start to get tired on a long run…this song seems to always pick me up.
I GASP over my favorite foods, literally. G.A.S.P is actually an acronym for them: Goat cheese, Apples, Spinach (fresh), and Peanut butter and you’ll likely see quite a few recipes or posts dedicated to them.
And if you still want to know more…
and you’re still reading this…YEAH YOU! check out the apples of my eye for my ultimate favs. try to have an LOL moment everyday if you can. 😉